Our Coronavirus (Covid-19) Response
In light of the impact and changes caused by the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we want to ensure and reassure you that we are focused on the health, safety and well-being of our guests and staff, without compromising the high standards and quality of your experience.
Our guests and friends are at the heart of everything we do. That is why, is it our upmost priority to ensure their safety while staying with us.
We have supplemented our normal procedures with additional COVID-19 cleanliness-specific guidance and information to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous.
Protecting you during your stay
• We will provide necessary limited housekeeping after each 3rd night of your stay
• Fresh towels and amenities will be replaced daily upon request as well as any rubbish removed from your room
• Staff will be wearing protective equipment when cleaning, carrying out full sanitisation with attention paid to high touch items including but not limited to door handles, light switches, remote controls, appliances (such as kettle, hairdryer, etc) counter tops and desk areas
• Housekeeping will no longer be performing turndown service; however, we will be happy to bring any additional supplies you may need while still following social distancing protocols
• Bed linen and towels will be washed on a high heat with the addition of a sanitising laundry detergent
• We have modified our rooms to temporarily remove non-essential high touch items, such as decorative pillows, throws and information folders. The rooms will appear slightly different from the photographs on our website
• A complimentary bottles of hand sanitizer gel will be provided in your room for your use
• Informative brochures have been removed from the rooms, however, we would be happy to share any information directly with you
• Room instructions and general information will be provided on laminated sheets to allow them to be wiped down and disinfected between guests
Breakfast is part of the overall experience of staying at a bed and breakfast, and at The Pale Maiden B&B, this is always a special event. However, at this time, it has been necessary to alter our formal breakfast protocol.
We will be serving breakfast at pre-booked times so guests will be able to keep social distancing. Please ensure you keep to the allocated time window, to allow for a smooth breakfast experience for all guests.
• We have removed our self-serve buffet in order to minimise the risk of cross contamination and maintain social distancing; instead, we will be offering a full table service
• We will ask guests to complete a pre-order form on arrival to ease the breakfast set-up
We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas, with additional focus on common touch points such as stair banisters, door handles, light switches, etc.
Hand sanitizer will be available in common areas.
We have removed brochures, magazines, and papers in our living room to cut down on high-touch points of contact – if you need any local information, please speak with our staff that will be happy to help.
All staff will wear a mask when interacting with guests, while in the common areas, and while serving breakfast.
Book with confidence
As restrictions begin to ease across the world, we are looking forward to hosting our guests in the coming months.
Should your travel arrangements be disrupted because of Covid-19, we continue to offer extra flexibility on all new reservations, so you can book with confidence. We are happy to answer any cancellation or postponement queries you may have.
We appreciate it is challenging in these unprecedented times and we would like to thank you for your support. Rest assured the team at The Pale Maiden B&B is focused on providing the best care.
We hope you will have the opportunity to visit the Falkland Islands and look forward to welcoming you.